Friday 27 February 2009

Twitter update

(By Richard Holway 9.00am 27th Feb 09) My Twitter experiment is now into its 5th day. Thanks for all the suggestions on who to follow. Also I am quite amazed at the number of followers the WiseGreyOwl has accumulated. I am trying hard to like it but…

It’s the sheer volume of totally banal posts that get me. The domestic arrangements, lunch, dinner, late running trains, taking your seat at a rock concert etc etc etc. With the exception of the Google Mail outage, I’ve learned nothing that was of any value.

That said, there is an excellent article on Tweeters in the FT Sweet to tweet. In addition, I had a very interesting conversation with the head of a major PR company yesterday who had just been awarded a major contract from a company to ‘promote’ themselves on Twitter. Interestingly I was sworn to secrecy as clearly they didn’t want Tweeters to think that the Twitter posts were from a PR company! I have noticed that many of the Tweets are now clearly commercial (eg from our competitors like IDC, Forrester etc.) Maybe we should just use Twitter to post links to UKHotViews article?

No comments:

Post a Comment