Monday 17 August 2009

More cool things from Apple?

(By Richard Holway 10.00pm Monday 17th Aug 09) Speculation about the launch of the Apple iTablet is mounting and I make no apologies for fuelling it myself! See iTablet for Christmas? Indeed I can’t wait to get my hands on one!

Further speculation surrounds Apple’s cloud ambitions. A report Apple shooting for the Cloud? suggests that Apple is building a massive 500,000 sq ft data centre in North Carolina. Apple in the Cloud could, for example, see you being able to store your iTunes collection in the Cloud and access it from any MID of your choosing. I find that greatly attractive. Or store your iPhoto collection in the Cloud.

Finally, a very interesting article in the Sunday Times on Steve Jobs and his health – The god of cool things - speculates that Apple might merge with Google if Jobs dies. Given the increasing overlap and the mutual enemy in Microsoft, there is some logic. I would expect the regulatory obstacles to be huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment