Wednesday 22 April 2009

Apple. Recession? What recession?

(By Richard Holway 11.00pm 22nd Apr 09) OK, I'm an Apple fan and have been since 1983 when I first laid my hand on a mouse attached to a Lisa. But it would take a sad person not to give Apple three cheers for their Q2 (to end march 09) results. Apple actually boosted revenues by 9% to $8.16b - way ahead of expectations. Apple sold twice as many iPhones (3.3m) in Q2 as they did a year back. iTunes revenues surged 20% to top $1b. It was the amazing success of Apple's now much copied Apps Store that put the icing on the cake. By the time you read this on Thursday, Apple will have sold 1b apps - about half a dozen to me.

Conversely revenues from Macs and ipods both fell slightly.

Even better news is that Steve Jobs is on track to return to work at end of June.

Apple shares are up 45% ytd. I have long declared that I am an Apple shareholder - indeed they have been the best performer in my portfolio over the last few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment