Thursday 5 March 2009

Archers - Fact or Fiction?

(By Richard Holway 10.50am 5th March 09) Anyone who has attended any of my speeches in the last seven years will know I'm a mega Archers fan. Indeed, my Holway's Martini Moment when first introduced in 2002, was all about listening to the Archers "anytime, anywhere and from any device". Just to say that the BBC hadn't even launched its Listen Again service then - let alone iPlayer.

My wife jokes that I believe the Archers is real. Don't they have an outside broadcast unit in Ambridge recording all the events for editing down to a 12 minute programme at 7.00pm each day?

Just to prove that it is real, The (real) Serious Fraud Office actually issued an email alert yesterday "SFO questioning Matt Crawford over possible fraud in Ambridge". I won't bore you with the storyline behind this but it is good to know that I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment