Tuesday 3 March 2009

A Date for your Diary

(Richard Holway 7.00am 3rd March 09) I’m delighted to announce that BT has, once again, generously agreed to sponsor my annual “State of the ICT Nation” Presentation at the ICT Leaders Dinner on behalf of the Prince’s Trust. This will be held atop BT Tower on the evening of 21st Sept 09. As anyone who has been before will know, the event is only ‘by invitation’ to CEOs and their UK Country level equivalents. Tickets, as in all previous years, will cost £1250 each. For many it is a ‘must attend’ event so please put in your diary.

This will be my 11th such speech for the Prince’s Trust and I think this should take the cumulative total raised from my speeches since the first in 2002, to around £750,000. My two year term as Chairman of the Prince’s Trust Technology Leadership Group ends on 31st March 09 when I hand over to Adam Hale from Russell Reynolds. We are on course to raise over £2m this year making £3.5m in my two years. I am really mega chuffed by this superb team effort! I’ll report more on this later.

Duane Jackson of Kashflow
Coincidently, Duane Jackson, the founder of Kashflow (which seems to be giving Sage a bit of a battering in the accounting systems in the Cloud for small enterprises) yesterday wrote a blog post on the help he got from the Prince’s Trust Technology Leadership Group. Would you lend money to this man?
Kashflow may be an exceptional example of success but everyone helped can tell a similar story of how the Trust has changed their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment