Wednesday 16 September 2009

Prince’s Trust and the “State of the ICT Nation”

(By Richard Holway 12.30pm Wednesday 16th Sept 09) Next Monday I give my 11th “State of the ICT Nation” for the Prince’s Trust. The event, at BT Tower, sold out five months ago which is remarkable when you remember that the tickets cost £1250 each. Every IT CEO operating in the UK market seems to be coming. Because BT are sponsoring the event (ie paying the costs), the Prince’s Trust will raise c£60K from the night. In total my speeches will then have raised £750,000 towards the £7.5m+ total that the Prince’s Trust Technology Leadership Group has raised.

My speech is entitled “Even the Bad Times are Good” and concentrates on the areas of the ICT sector that have thrived despite, or because of, the recession. And there really are quite a few!

Next week I’ll post a summary of my speech for TechMarketView subscribers. But last week I had an interview with Peter Whitehead of the Financial Times where I summarised the main points. The FT has just made it available as a Podcast. You can listen to it Here. (It’s about 5 minutes into the podcast)

No comments:

Post a Comment