Monday 22 June 2009

UKHotviews from TechMarketView on Twitter

(By Richard Holway 9.00pm 22nd June 09) You can now follow TechMarketViews’ UKHotViews on Twitter (Go to TechMarketViews). We will put up a selection of links to UKHotViews stories each day.

Why? You might ask.

I was intrigued to learn last week that Erik Schonfeld, the founder of TechCrunch, reckons that 10% of his traffic now comes from Twitter. That’s a pretty powerful reason! Schonfeld said that "For many people, Twitter is replacing their RSS readers." "One of the ways we use Twitter is to Tweet out links to our stories, which then spread virally as followers re-tweet those links." I note that TechCrunch’s Twitter account has 775,000 followers!

As I’ve said before I have seen no value in my own personal Twittering via WiseGreyOwl. But I keep an open mind. I’ll tell you in a month’s time how much extra traffic Twitter has generated for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment